2020 is here and with it brings excitement and anticipation for your travel plans. You may already be planning your next travel adventure and therefore you should be thinking about what you should pack and how to organize your gear in the best way.
There are endless choices available and this can be a bit confusing, so I have done some research based on my own traveling experience and that of other travelers. I hope that this might help you to make a better choice.
In this review I have found what I think are the best in laptop travel backpacks for women in 2020.
Here are some very good backpacks with various features. Some backpacks have a few of the main features that I have looked for but It is difficult to find a back pack with everything without compromising on something.
I think it is important to try to choose a gender specific travel backpack for women, for several reasons.
- Firstly, if the bag is designed for the female form it will be a more comfortable fit.
- The padded back and back straps will sit better in the small in your back to enable you to carry it for longer.
- Lightweight travel backpacks for women will be slightly smaller for easier handling and for better compliance with airline regulations.
- The best in travel backpacks for women may have been designed with backpack anti theft features to give you more peace of mind when traveling.
- Travel backpacks with a USB port will give you more flexibility to charge your devices on the move.
- Some travel backpacks will give you duel carrying options with detachable back straps to enable you to carry your bag like a tote bag.
- The best travel backpacks for women can also be more stylish.
The reason that I have researched the Best Laptop Travel Backpacks for women is because it is so convenient to take your laptop when traveling. Many women are traveling for business or working on line and like to be mobile and combine work and travel.
This is especially relevant if you are blogging, as I have covered in my post: How to start a travel blog and get paid.
Let’s look at what Travel Laptop Backpacks for women are available:
1. Nomatic Travel Pack.
- The dimensions are : 18.5″ X 6″ X 12″ Weight: 4 lb
- This bag can hold 20 liters or will expand to hold 30 liters.
- It is made of water resistant durable Kodra Tarpaulin
- Waterproof Zippers ( Although some reviews challenge this statement)
- RFID Pocket. – Radio Frequency Identification.
- Mesh dividers in the bag and an extra purchase available of packing cubes specifically designed for the bag.
- Charging cables pass through all the main pockets
- TSA approved – Laptop compartment will zip right open to avoid having to remove your laptop when traveling by air.
- Back panel to secure and hide back straps
- Magnetic snap water bottle pocket to keep the pocket closed when not in use.
- Retractable key leash for convenient and quick use.
- Removable hard shell sun glass pocket.
- Roller bag sleeve to drop over trolley handle of wheeled bag
- Reflective patterns on the outside of the bag
My thoughts: I like the size and the look of this bag and the fact that it has Amazon’s choice badge is tempting but I think for most women it might be a bit big and maybe heavy. There are a lot of the anti theft and safety features built in so could be a good choice for larger and taller framed women.
The reviews say that it is comfortable and that it is big enough to carry a few days clothes so that it would be a good bag as a weekend or carry on bag with extra luggage checked in.
2. Osprey Women’s Fairview 46
- The Dimensions are: 23″ X 15″ X 13″. Weight – 3.4 lb.
- The bag will hold 46 liters of volume and has compression straps to tighten the bag to a smaller capacity.
- There are also smaller 30 liters and larger 65 liter choices.
- Nice fashionable color choices
- Specifically designed for women
- Excellent Guarantee from Osprey
- Shoulder strap and rain cover – (extras)
- Protected laptop sleeve
- Carry on compliant for size.
- Reviewed and rated highly by petite women
My thoughts: I really like the look of this bag, even though it looks more like a backpack than a carry on travel bag. The color choice is nice and it has great storage and organisational pockets. This also has the Amazon’s choice badge. This is the smaller of the options in this style so you can choose a larger option to suit your needs.
I like the way the compression straps pull the bag in tightly without back straps hanging loose. You get the versatility of a backpack for day use as well as the benefits of a carry on type bag that you can easily place under the seat when travelling.
3. Peak Design Travel Line 45 liter Backpack
- The dimensions are: 22″ X 13″ X 11″ (at maximum) 4.52 lb
- Capacity : 30 liters compressed, 35 Normal state and 45 expanded.
- Carry on size at 35 liter normal state.
- Lifetime Guarantee
- Extra add-on cube bags- camera cube, tech pouch and wash kit
My thoughts: Even though this bag looks a little plain, it is quite versatile with the three different capacity sizes that you can convert it into. The smaller size can be a day pack and the larger size will hold 45 liters of items. The 35 liter size is carry on size for airline travel.
The bag will open from the front, back and sides with the back zipper opening right out flat for easy access. The bag is robust and will protect your electronic items well. The extra cubes that are available for the bag allow for specific storage for more specialized items.
4. Swissgear 1900 Scansmart
- Dimensions : 18.5″ X 13.5″ X 9″ 3.3 lb
- Capacity 31 liters
- Made with weather resistant Balistic Polyester
- Contoured shoulder straps for comfort
- Several organisation pockets
- 2 side water bottle holders
- Takes up to 17″ laptop
- Reflective shoulder strap for night time safety
My thoughts: This bag looks smart and trendy with the SwissGear logo on it. It can hold a larger 17″ laptop which is handy and has some good features, being weather resistant, and has reflective shoulder straps for safety at night.
The laptop sleeve is well padded and opens right out for easy scanning on airline travel. This may be an advantage although the TSA may have changed the rules around this. You can read more about it here for updates
5. Timbuk2 The Authority pack
- Dimensions 11.4″ X 18.1″ X 5.9″ Weight -2.4 lb
- Capacity 28 liters
- Organising compartments for pens phones and small stuff.
- Side pockets for drinks bottle and other stuff
- Ventelated back panel
- Sternum strap
- Carry on size for most airlines.
- Key fob pocket
My thoughts: This bag looks to be quite sturdy with plenty of padding for the 17″ laptop sleeve. I think the size is good for both a larger day pack or for carry on for airline travel. The weight of it is not too bad and it has plenty of compartments. I think the style would suit using it as a business bag as well as for travel.
6. Brinch Laptop Backpack
- Dimensions 11 X 7.8 X 15.7 2,07 lb
- 22 litrs
- USB charging port built in
- Wide opening top of the bag
- Water resistant durable nylon material
- Takes a laptop up to 15.6″
- IPad pocket for 10.5″ tablet.
- Carry handles or backpack straps for seperate choices
- Suitable for school, daytrip, weekend away or small carry for air travel.
- Side pockets take 40 oz water bottle
- Good sturdy zipper.
My thoughts: This bag is quite small so would be more suitable as an overnight bag or carry on for your laptop and a few items that you might need when traveling. The price point is very low which is good if you are on a budget but beware that you get what you pay for.
The good thing about it is that it is light but still has a few features including the charging port in the bag. The reviews do mention that the zippers are of good quality which sounds promising.
7. The North Face Recon
- Dimensions 19.25″ X 14″ X 9.5″ weight ; 0.93 lb
- Capacity 28 liters
- Padded laptop sleeve for 15″ laptop
- Woman specific design with back straps designed for a woman’s frame
- Ventilated back panel
- Water resistant fabric and zippers
- Water bottle side pockets
- Reflective material
- Front mesh pocket to secure items.
My thoughts: I like the look and style of this bag. It speaks of adventure and feels like you want to get out into nature. The laptop compartment is well padded and I like the padded pocket on the front of the bag, for sunglasses and items that you need more readily.
It is a light bag and would be good as a day bag and carry on bag for travel. It probably wouldn’t be the best bag as a travel bag for a few days so you would need a second bag in this scenario.
8. Eddie Bauer Voyager
- Dimensions 18″ X 11.5″ X10.5″ weight: 2lb 5oz
- Capacity 30 liters
- Padded laptop sleeve
- Padded contoured shoulder straps
- Comfortable ergonomice design
- Adjustable waist belt
- Interior mesh storage pockets
- Expandable front pocket
- Side pocket that will take water bottle
- Trolley bag sleeve
My thoughts: This bag is actually my favorite, but I a little biased because I own this bag. You can see my full review and story about how this bag protected my laptop during a motorcycle crash. This bag is perfect as a carry on and will hold enough for a weekend away or a short trip.
I found this bag to be light and well designed so I can carry a full load for quite some time. It may not have many reviews or be Amazon’s choice but this is my pick.
9. Hersche Little America Backpack
- Dimensions: 19.25″ X 11.25″ X 7″ 1.5 lb
- Capacity 25 liters
- 15″ laptop sleeve with padding and lined with fleece
- Classic adventure style polyester and nylon with leather look trim
- Good reviews
- Lifetime warranty from company
- Draw cord closing and magnetic closing straps
- Airplane carry on size
- Unisex design for everyday, business and weekend trips.
- Multi compartments and breathable mesh back
- Smart phone pocket and anti theft hidden pocket
My thoughts: I do like the look of this bag. The faux leather straps make it look very sharp. The fact that it only takes a 15″ laptop might be an issue and the storage pockets could have been more thought out. The bag is lightweight and looks classy and could be suitable for professional use or just casual travel. The lifetime warranty gives peace of mind. Very good reviews.
10. Matein Business Travel Backpack
- Dimensions 20″ X 15″ X 7.8″ 1.95 lb
- Capacity 40 liters
- Holds 17 laptop
- USB port and headphone holes
- Lockable zipper
- Water resistant polyester with breathable padded back
- Trolley handle strap
- Hidden pockets for anti theft
My thoughts: There seems to be a lot of bag for your money with this bag. The reviews seem to be good and there are lots of features included, like the large 40 liter capacity and the anti theft pockets. It is probably more suited for business use or travel but appear to be good value for money. It is Amazon’s choice.
11. Thule Subterra Backpack
- Dimensions: 20.5″ X 9.1″ X 12.2″ Weight 2 lb
- Capacity 34 liters
- Padded laptop compartment for 15″ laptop
- Wide roll up expandable top with magnetic closure
- Removable packing cube
- Contoured comfort designed back
- Internal power pocket with cord management holes
My thoughts: This is a stylish looking bag with a few color choices. The 34 liter capacity is a good handy size and the bag comes with a removable packing cube which is good because it is purpose built for the bag.
The bag is quite lightweight for the size and has an extendable roll up top that allows for easy packing. The price is a little higher than some but hopefully that reflects the quality. The reviews seem to support this theory.
12. Pacsafe Venturesafe G3
- Dimensions: 19.3″ X 11″ X 6.1″ 1.68 lb
- Capacity 25 Liter
- Fashionable color choices
- Anti theft locking zippers
- Anti theft cut resistant fabric
- RFID Blocking packet for credit card security
- Newly design adjustable shoulder straps
- Ventilated padded back
- Padded carry handle
- Padded compartment for 15″ laptop
- Hip strap and sternum strap to spread the weight
- 2 side pockets for water bottles
- Water resistant easy clean nylon polyester
- Suitable for commuter, hiking and travel, carry on size for international travel.
- 5 Year warranty
My thoughts: This bag has a high level of anti theft features with cut resistant fabric and lockable compartments. I like the look and the color choices but it could do with a bit more separate storage pockets. It is lightweight with good capacity although it only takes a 15″ laptop which my be restrictive for some.
13. Hynes Eagle Travel Backpack
- Dimensions: 20.1″ X 13.4″ X 9.8″ 2.56 lb
- Capacity 40 liters
- Compression straps to adjust overall size.
- Adjustable hideaway straps convert the pack to three carry styles. Backpack, duffel and carry bag
- Padded laptop compartment for 15.6″ laptop.
- Front pocket with multiple compartments
- Side pocket for water bottle with securing loop strap
- Adjustable sternum and waist straps the spread the weight
- Many color variations
- Fits into overhead and under seat for most flights
My thoughts: This bag is a good size and has handy tuck away back straps to convert the bag from a backpack look to a carry on bag. It is lightweight for the amount of capacity that it gives you, and has lots of storage pockets. The compression straps give the bag more versatility when it comes to size.
Although it will only take a 15.6″ laptop I think it would be a good bag for more than a weekend if you are good at packing light. There are lots of nice fashionable color choices too.
14. ebags TLS Mother Lode Weekender Convertible
- Dimensions: 22″ X 14″ X 9″ weight 3lb 15oz
- Capacity 64 liters
- Padded laptop sleeve for 19″ laptop
- 2 exterior pockets on outside
- Water bottle zip side pocket
- Compression straps
- Bottom and side carry handles
- Breathable back panel
- Sternum straps
- Good color choice
- Carry on compliant size
My thoughts: I like the handy front opening pocket with separate compartments. There are a lot of color choices and it is a nice looking bag. I like the mesh zip compartment in the bag for shoes or just to divide items. The straps and padded ventilated backing looks comfortable and the padded laptop sleeve is substantial enough to protect your laptop properly.
15. High Sierra Elite Weekender
- Dimensions: 3.4″ X 22.2″ X 15.5″ 3.7 lb
- Converts into a backpack, a satchel and a duffel bag
- 17″ laptop compartment
- Fleece lined accessory pocket
- Mulitiple front organiser pockets
- Tablet sleeve
- Water bottle side pocket
- Comfortable padded back strap
- Compression straps
- Front accessories clip
My thoughts: This bag is very stylish and has heaps of compartments. I particularly like the front pocket with organizer multi pockets and a key fob, so you can put all your valuables, passport and cards in the pocket and not have to worry about a separate wallet or purse.
The padded and ventilated back looks comfy and the bag can convert into different carrying styles. The fact that it can also take a 17″ laptop is also a big bonus. I couldn’t really find any faults with this bag.
Notes of interest: The TSA requirements for laptops is that they do need to be removed from the bags now. The bags that are labeled as TSA compliant will need to have the laptop removed from the bag as is clearly shown in the TSA security proceedures
You may need to check this before you travel so you are not surprised with anything you are not expecting.